Excel interview questions- Basic / Common question answers
Excel is the most common and widely used spreadsheet program. You can expect Excel questions for a data analyst, financial analyst, accounting, and sometimes in the developer job interview process. Because, even if you are good in programming, you need to know the shortcuts and formulas in excel. Freshers can expect the basic questions in the workbook, worksheet, format cells, templates, data validation and protection of documents. Experienced can expect the questions on the advanced topics like Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) – Create macros, charts, analysis of data, formulas and functions.
The most common problem facing in excel interview questions is attending without any preparation. If you are an experienced candidate and think that excel is easy, we want to say something to you that without preparation you can’t able to clear the interview.
MS Excel interview questions and answers Freshers & experienced
In the MS excel interview, they will ask the logical and objective excel questions. The assessment is based on the performance in the Microsoft products [2003, 2007, 2010, 2013] such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and outlook. We have provided the complete excel and spreadsheet questions with answers in PDF for both Freshers and experienced.
Cheat Sheet for Excel
Click on the Cheat sheet to view in full size.
We think you have now understood the concept and let’s go and look at the Excel interview questions with answers along with the formulas.
Interview questions on Excel- Formulas & shortcuts
Following are some formulas and shortcuts that you need to remember if you need any job, including Financial analyst, business analyst, accountant, data analyst etc.
- Addition – SUM(number1,[number2],…) or SUM( A1:C1 )
- Average – AVERAGE( A1: C1)
- Standard Deviation – STDEV.S( A3:A1002, B3:B1002, C3:C1002 )
- Generating random number – RAND()
- Accurate age calculation – YEAR( TODAY() ) – YEAR(A1) – IF( MONTH( TODAY() ) > MONTH(A1), 0,
IF( MONTH( TODAY() ) < MONTH(A1), 1,
IF( DAY( TODAY() ) < DAY(A1), 1, 0 ) ) )
- Variable chart – VLOOKUP(RsB5, RsB8:RsF6, COLUMN(), 0)
- Find duplicates, Remove duplicates are some other questions.
Top technical interview questions on excel:
Some best or good questions for beginners are listed below, you first prepare for it and then go ahead with the advanced that is a tough questions given in PDF.
- Is it possible to provide Dynamic range in “Data Source” of Pivot Tables? If yes, How?
- What is the advantage of using formula in excel sheet?
- How does the cell reference is useful in formulas/calculations?
- What does a LOOK UP function searches in the MS Excel?
- How you can sum up the Rows and Column number quickly in the excel sheet?
The answers are provided below in the PDF. Kindly download it and make use of it.
The best tip to crack the interview is to enhance the skills and study more about it. Go through the tutorial below for excel your skills in advanced functions and formulas of excel.
Hope you all now well versed with the interview questions based on excel and spreadsheets, if you want further more regarding this comment below.